What are the 7 Chakras?
There are 7 main energy centers within the body called Chakra's, each of which correspond to specific organs, endocrines, issues, emotions, colors and elements.
Our physical body is the mirror image of our energetic system and so when we have specific physical problems, these are a reflection of the internal imbalance within the corresponding Chakra. Reiki balances these energetic centers which support the manifestation of a balanced physical body.
Each of the semi-precious gemstones in our 7 Chakra Healing Heart Bracelet corresponds to each of the 7 Chakras. Together, they are believed to restore and rebalance your energies, promoting overall wellbeing. Click the picture below to order yours with 20% discount using code: 2020 at checkout.
Let's look at each of the 7 Chakras in more detail!
THE ROOT CHAKRA
- Location: At the base of the spine.
- Colour: Red.
- Energy: Masculine meaning it projects energy outwards into the world. It is your physical presence in the world.
- Feelings: Your safety, security and power
- Body Associations: Spine, bladder, blood, kidneys, male reproductive organs, adrenaline glands associated with the fight or flight response and the feet.
- Over-active problems: Domineering, argumentative, angry, and self-indulgent.
- Under-active problems: Feeling unlovable, low energy, depressed, sexually inadequate, feeling a victim, unable to say no and feeling fearful overestimating threats in life.
- Balanced characteristic: Trusting, grounded, safe, strong, powerful, self-sufficiency, self-responsibility, strong work ethic, high energy and a good sense of belonging in a safe group.
- Prescription for balance: 1) Exercise 3 to 4 times a week for a for between 30 to 45 minutes per session, 2) Increase your work ethic 3) Spend time with people with a balanced root Chakra so that you are inspired by them, 4) Take time for self-care activities to do what you need and enjoy to do. 5) Grounding meditations.
THE SACRAL CHAKRA
- Location: Just below the navel.
- Feelings: Your emotions, sexuality and passion.
- Body Associations: Lymphatic and circulatory system, kidneys, adrenal glands, skin and female reproductive organs.
- Over-active problems: Craving power and manipulative.
- Under-active problems: Shy, feeling guilty and self-conscious.
- Balanced characteristics: High self-esteem and confidence. Friendly, fulfilled, high spirited, zealous and sexually expressive.
THE SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA
- Location: Under the sternum.
- Feelings: Your identity and willpower.
- Body Associations: Nervous system, stomach, gall bladder, large intestine, liver and pancreas.
- Over-active problems: Judgmental, stubborn, and intimidating.
- Under-active problems: Low self-esteem, anxious, procrastination, passivity and feeling exploited.
- Balanced characteristics: High self-esteem and confidence. Respects self and others.
THE HEART CHAKRA
- Location: Center of chest.
- Feelings: Your love, relationships and connection.
- Body Associations: Circulatory and respiratory system, arms, hands, shoulders, ribs, breasts, diaphragm and thymus gland.
- Over-active problems: Entitlement, jealousy, playing the victim and overly giving.
- Under-active problems: Rejection issues, feeling unloved, self-pity and being needy.
- Balanced characteristics: Balanced in relationships; being able to give and receive love. Empathetic and feeling harmonious and peaceful.
THE THROAT CHAKRA
- Location: Base of the throat area.
- Feelings: Your communication, influence and creativity.
- Body Associations: Thyroid, larynx, trachea, ears, nose, teeth, mouth and throat.
- Over-active problems: Overly talkative, criticizes and are stubborn.
- Under-active problems: A lack of self-expression and communication, social anxiety and timidity.
- Balanced characteristics: Self-expressive, strong communication and creative.
THE THIRD EYE CHAKRA (ALSO KNOWN AS THE BROW CHAKRA)
- Location: Middle of the forehead (between the eyebrows)
- Feelings: Your perception, logic and intuition.
- Body Associations: Pituitary gland, eyes, nose, ears and skeletal system.
- Over-active problems: Spaced out, lost, a worrier and a dreamer.
- Under-active problems: Easily swayed, lack of life purpose and self-doubting.
- Balanced characteristics: Creative, Intuitive, wise, charming and knows their life purpose. Balanced hormones.
THE CROWN CHAKRA
- Location: Top of the head.
- Feelings: Your universal insight, spiritual guidance and surrender.
- Body Associations: Brain, nervous system and pineal gland.
- Over-active problems: Addicted to spirituality, attention seeker, a need to feel popular.
- Under-active problems: Lackluster, feeling alone or misunderstood and unaware of spiritual connection.
- Balanced characteristics: Connected to universal energy, wisdom, self-realization and blissfulness.